Friends of The Black Rep
The Rosalyn Madden Put A Child In A Seat Campaign
Bringing theatre experiences to the young people of the community is the main focus of the Rosalyn Madden Put A Child In A Seat Fundraising Campaign.
The goal this year is to raise $100,000.00 to support The Black Rep Education Department’s
- Touring Shows Student Matinees
- The Professional Intern Program
- Summer Performing Arts Program (SPA)
- Teen Tech Program
- Theatre Arts Workshops/Residences
Did You Know…?
Youth who are exposed to the arts show: Higher academic achievement Stronger self-esteem A strong capacity for self-assessment Better ability to plan and work for a future goal Youth who study the arts are:
- 4 times more likely to get academic awards
- 3 times more likely to be a class officer
- 3 times more likely to win a school attendance award
- 4 times more likely to win a writing award
- Significantly higher scores in creative thinking, fluency, and originality.
Source: NGA Center for Best Practices Issue Brief:
The Impact of Arts Education in WorkforceRepatriation
In St. Louis, Missouri and the Metro-East Area
The Black Rep Education Department:
- Has provided platforms for theatre, dance and other creative expressions from the African American perspective that heighten the social and cultural awareness of its audiences.
- Presented more than 50 touring performances and workshops this year.
- More than 12,500 students, grades k-12 and community groups experience the magic of live professional theatre through The Black Rep’s touring productions and workshops.
- This season 13,000 middle and high school students from across the region attended weekday, stu-dent matinee performances of The Black Rep’s main stage produc-tions for $10 per ticket. The average ticket cost for a student to attend a mainstage production is $30 making the cost of a student matinee ticket a 66.5% discount.
- Conducts a six- week Summer Performing Arts (SPA) program for children ages 8-17. The average student enrollment is 20 per year. 98% of the students need some financial assistance and 60% need total assistance.
Be a Hero
Support The Put A Child In A Seat Fundraising Campaign
or Make your check out to THE BLACK REP